If you want to find for using a Kodi add-on to stream unlimited and for watching free movies and TV shows, etcetera, you can find that here in Exodus. The Exodus Kodi addon can gift for you access to a different library of online streaming sources, bringing to you certain the latest movies and TV shows straight to Kodi. It’s one of the best and most reliable and complete Kodi video streaming App by far, and we proud that.We can offer great selection of the most recent for your watching TV shows and movies. This tutorial has made for showing you how to install Exodus for Kodi, step by step. Just let’s jump in!
Update 7/25/2017: As of this week, creator COLDFIRE has officially took decision to drop all support for Exodus. Unless we hear otherwise, the Exodus addon will not get any further updates to fix problems and streaming sources.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help all you for access format they already have bought the rights for access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. foxmovie.ru does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you solve to make with the formats of this article. Furthermore, please note that foxmovie.ru in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. If you want you find out for more detail information, please see our full disclaimer here.
- Before we Proceed
- Exodus Kodi Addon: Installation Walkthrough
- Option 1: Most Recent Version: Agent 47 Repository
- Option 2: Smash Repository
- Option 3: Kodil (Kodisrael) Kodi Repository
- Exodus Addon Review: Benefits and Limitations
- Exodus Benefits
- Exodus Limitations
- Exodus in the News
- Lambda Responds
Before we Proceed
We always highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to get copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, TV shows etc. Through different App. And If you want to keep your streaming habits private, our all recommendations is – a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It’s also worth noting that buying a 12 month subscription will give you definitely two months free.
Exodus Kodi Addon: Installation Walkthrough
Exodus has changed hands a several times. It recently was carried over to the TVAddons site and development team. However, now that TVAddons is gone, Exodus can be found in a several various repositories. Below, you can find there the repositories where Exodus can be located to which carry the most recent versions. If you download and install Exodus from another repository, or even one of these repositories and search out that it’s not working, please let us know. There’s a chance you may not be using the most recent version.
If you detect that your version of Exodus is not be working properly, consider checking out our guide on the Best Alternatives to Exodus. We list some ways you can fix a several Exodus errors and some good alternatives to the very famous addon.
Option 1: Most Recent Version: Agent 47 Repository
The Cyper’s Locker repository, which holds many several different Kodi addon addons, is the newest home for the COLDFIRE version of Exodus. Considering Exodus is a community favorite, it comes as no surprise that someone decided to pick it up after Smash decided to drop support in favor of a new Exodus fork, Covenant.
Just Click here to read more information about Covenant.
To install Exodus through the Cypher’s Locker repo, do the following:
- Open Kodi and select the Settings (gear symbol) option at the top left of the screen
- Head to File manager
- Next click on Add source at the bottom
- Where you see, click on it, and then type in or copy/paste the following web address: https://cypher-media.com/repo/
- Give it a name at the bottom, such as “CyphersLocker” and click OK
- Head back to your Kodi home screen and select Addons on the left
- Next choose the Package Symbol (top left)
- Select Install from zip
- Locate your CyphersLocker FTP connection and select it (you should find this on the first screen after clicking on Install from zip)
- Select the zip file located there to install it
- Next return to the screen with Install from zip and head to Install from repository
- Locate your Cypher’s Locker repository and click on it
- Click on Video App and then Exodus
- Finally, just click Install to add Exodus to your library (or Update if you are here to update Exodus)
Option 2: Smash Repository
The Smash Repository is a new repo that we are keeping an eye on. You can install the Exodus Kodi addon from Smash using the following method:
- From your Kodi home screen, select the Settings (gear symbol) option at the top left of the screen
- Go to File manager
- Locate and click on Add source at the bottom
- Next find the and click on it, and then type in or copy/paste the following web address: https://mediarepos.net/kodistuff/
- At the bottom, name it Smash Repo and click OK
- Next just return to your Kodi home screen and select Addons on the left
- Click the Package Symbol (top left)
- Next choose Install from zip
- Locate your Smash Repo FTP connection and select it (you should find this on the first screen after clicking on Install from zip)
- Select the REPO.zip file you find in the folder. You will receive a successful installation message on the top right of the screen
- Return to the screen with Install from zip and click on Install from repository
- Locate the Smash Repository and select it
- Next click on Video App
- Locate Exodus and click on it, then click on Install. Note that if you have several other repositories installed that also have this addon, you’ll see a list of installation locations. Be sure to choose Smash, but if you see a repository with a more recent version, opt for that one instead
Option 3: Kodil (Kodisrael) Kodi Repository
Kodil has the second latest version of Exodus. Note, however, that this version and another previous versions can be broken. This version of Exodus has problem with the seek option and a potential Trakt.tv integration problem. However, it will do for most streaming functions.
To install Exodus from the Kodil repository, do the following:
- first of all to open up Kodi. On your home screen, select the Settings (gear symbol) on the top left
- Next select File manager
- Find and select Add source at the bottom
- Click on where you see and then type in or copy/paste the following web address: https://kdil.co/repo/
- At the bottom, name it Kdil (this may be automatic) and click OK
- If you are connecting via public WiFi or you have a firewall or content filtering in place, you may not need to use a VPN or disconnect the firewall to access the repo
- Next just return to your Kodi home screen
- Click on Addons
- Click on the Package Symbol on the top left
- Next click on Install from zip
- Locate the Kdil FTP connection (similar to the Smash Repo method) and click on it
- Click on kodil.zip to install the repository
- Be back to the screen with the Install from zip option and click on Install from repository
- Next find your Kodisrael Repository. Click on it to open it up, then click on Video App
- Locate Exodus and click on it, then click on Install
Exodus Addon Review: Benefits and Limitations
Exodus is maybe one of the most famous and popular Kodi App currently accessible. A child of the now-defunct addon Genesis, Exodus can ensure users with an extremely large number of streaming variants. This also includes a wide range of movies and TV shows ect, both from American producers and internationally. While Exodus does not ensure any live TV viewing through its platform, it does give access to high-quality on-demand video media. We will walk through the positives and negatives of this addon, as well as some of its more curious features and offerings.
Exodus uses a better high-quality resolver that will search the best quality stream before delivering it to your screen. In the cases where it can’t find a stream, you’ll get a message that it cannot locate one for you. However, Exodus is updated semi-regularly to update stream providers to help avoid too a lot of problems related to dead streams.
Exodus has one of the best menu and browsing functions for any addon. For example, under the TV variant, format is viewable based on genre, rating, network, popularity, air date and more. You can also find TV shows just using the TV calendar, save TV shows you watch regularly and seek out for specific people, and if you like certain actors or actresses.
Finally, you can set up different accounts to work with Exodus, including RealDebrid, Trakt, and AllDebrid.
The only real limitation to Exodus is in the fact that it only ensures on-demand streams and no live TV. Additionally, some of the TV and movie categories within Exodus tend to be a little bit limited.
For example, Exodus is not beter place to find foreign films. Although you will find out a rather long list of movies categorized by language, for the most part, these are American films with subtitles with a lot of different another languages. Additionally, Exodus lacks a documentary variant for its movies, meaning you will have to turn elsewhere if you are a documentary fan. What your looking for might be there, but it will be a little bit more hard to find if it’s there at all.
Exodus in the News
On February 3, 2017, TorrentFreak reported on a disturbing security breach directly tied to Exodus. Due to its very popularity, it appears that Exodus was a goal of a massive DDoS attack. As reported by TorrentFreak, the creator behind Exodus, an anonymous Kodi community figure who is known only as “Lambda” inserted malicious code into a recent Exodus update. The reasoning behind this appears to be an act of vengeance.
Due to its very popularity, it appears Exodus and its creator had drawn the ire of some adversaries. At some point, few of these adversaries received Lambda’s true identity and threatened to expose it unless certain state of theirs were met. Instead of bowing to pressure, Lambda resolved to fight back by inserting code into Exodus that used Exodus users’ computers to launch DDoS attacks on adversarial websites. In effect, Lambda had created a DDoS botnet.
Discussions erupted across Kodi community forums, with Lambda himself eventually chiming in to defend his actions. ““Like I said they want to find my identity and give me legal trouble. I have no choice but to protect myself. If this won’t help me to defend myself I will retire from all these and am going to focus on my legal App,” he explained.
Due to an extreme backlash from the community, Lambda solved to cease development for Exodus, issuing a formal apology to the community regarding his actions. In his apology and farewell letter, Lambda wrote (unedited):
“I have not waken up one day, after all these years and said myself, how about to try to add some calls to a specific site. It wa for me a bad desicion I did after all this time and the stessful months Ive had, and i would like to sorry for that. As long you follow the GPL license and don’t remove Exodus credits from it I never had any problem.
Unfortunately all these months I have seen a little add-ons taking my code and removing the credits from it, like it’s their playground. I do understand that we are speaking about App that help on copyright infringement, but this is something I couldn’t tolerate anymore. Also lately I have seen some weird private messages from specific people threating me on presonallevel.The most of them are on social media right now speaking about how evil I am.
I just couldn’t deal with all this stress anymore, I did bad desicions that I shouldn’t take that and I am sorry about that. I think this is the time for me too leave, this whole thing is changing me as a person, so it’s time for me to take care of myself and leaving this scene once and for all.”
Lambda removed the malicious code as an update before officially stepping down. Lambda plans to continue working on other App, while Exodus development is now moved over to TVADDONS.
At present, Exodus is great to use. As stated, the malicious code was cleared and the current development our team at TVADDONS reassures the community that the addon is now safe to use.